LIVE NEWS FEED


Miami Herald

A patient went in for a standard back surgery. She awoke one kidney short.
Miami Herald
Maureen Pacheco who, at 51, went to Wellington Regional Medical Center in April 2016 to get the bones in her lower back fused because she was suffering pain from a car accident years earlier. She left the hospital one kidney short. According to a ...
A woman went to a hospital for back surgery — and left without one of her kidneysWashington Post
Doctor Mistakes Healthy Kidney For Cancerous Tumor, Removes It During Routine Back SurgeryTech Times
Florida Doctor Removes Woman's Kidney After Mistaking It for Tumor During Back SurgeryInside Edition
Rolling Out -Newsweek -Orlando Sentinel -The Inquisitr
all 18 news articles »

Valley News Live

FDA approves powerful new opioid in 'terrible' decision
Valley News Live
WASHINGTON — The Food and Drug Administration approved a powerful new opioid Friday, despite strong criticism and accusations that it bypassed its own advisory process to do it. The new drug, Dsuvia, is a tablet that goes under the tongue.
DC Week: CMS Walks Back Proposed E/M Coding ChangesMedPage Today
First FDA-approved cannabis-based drug now available in the USmyfox8.com
FDA Approves New Opioid Dsuvia Despite OppositionThe Inquisitr
The Verge -Interesting Engineering -Vail Daily News -iFIBER One News
all 42 news articles »

Forbes

Cellphones And Cancer Risk: How To Use Your Cellphone More Safely
Forbes
If you are a male rat and you use your 2G or 3G cell phone for over 9 hours a day, you should be worried about Thursday's National Toxicology Program (NTP) announcement. But what if you are a human? The NTP announced the following findings from a set ...
Cellphone study shows risk of cancer in rats exposed to radio frequency radiationUSA TODAY
Cellphone radiation may cause cancer in rats, report findsNBCNews.com
Cell Phone Radiation Was Linked To Cancer In A New Study In Rats, But Even The Authors Are Saying Not To WorryBustle
ABC News -PR Newswire (press release) -Atlanta Journal Constitution -National Institutes of Health (press release)
all 283 news articles »

WPVI-TV

1 in 5 childhood scald burns caused by instant soup and ramen, research shows
WPVI-TV
Instant soup -- often sold as "ramen" in the United States -- is cheap, tasty and wildly popular among hungry college students. But new research suggests that the products may put young children at risk. The soups cause about one in five childhood ...
Instant soups and noodles burn almost 10000 children each yearToday.com
Instant soup sends a shocking number of kids to the hospitalPopular Science
Instant soups and noodles responsible for burning nearly 10000 children each yearEurekAlert (press release)
Atlanta Journal Constitution -HealthDay -Gizmodo -WTNH.com (press release)
all 48 news articles »